Modern Beauty Salon was founded by Ms Joyce Tsang in 1991, being a beauty and facial services store of 100-odd square feet at the time. With the rich experience and remarkable vision of Ms Tsang, our Group has now developed into a leading beauty salon group with over ten brands and over 200 service points in the Asian region. In the past 23 years, the Group has built up a wide-ranging service network with Ms Tsang's knowledge in business and corporate management. Recently, Ms Tsang has led the Group to extend our business to the China Market. In February 2006, Modern Beauty was listed on the Main Board of the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong, establishing a significant milestone in the Group's business development.
- Received the “ERB Merit Award for Employers” from the Employees Retraining Board
- Peegaboo Loving Family Award
- Awarded “My Favorite Brand Awards - Beauty Care” by HK Beauty & Fitness Expo 2017
- The Beauty Expert International Academy received the “Beauty Talent Discovery Award” in the 2017 Sisters BeautyPro Awards
- YUE Hydrating and Rejuvenating Mask received the “Professional Moisturizing Product Award” in the 2017 Sisters BeautyPro Awards
- Ferrecare C.B. Formula Revitalizing Firming Eye Gel received the “Professional Eye Care Product Award” in the 2017 Sisters BeautyPro Awards
- Received the Certificate of Recognition from World Green Organisation for participating in different green initiatives.
- Received the Beauty Entrepreneur Award 2017 from Beauty Pro
- Received the “Golden Authoritative Award for the Global Outstanding Business Leaders 2016” from the International Beauty and Health General Union
- Received the “Special Achievement Award”, the highlight of the Asia Pacific Entrepreneurship Award (APEA) 2016
- Awarded "Excellence Beauty Service Awards" by Metro Daily & Metro Prosperity
- Awarded "Excellent Beauty Group Brand Award" by PCCW
- Awarded "2016 Asian Outstanding Business Achievement Awards" by Asian Hair & Beauty Association
- Awarded " Leaders of Excellence Awards " by CAPITAL magazine
- Awarded "Caring Company Award" by the Hong Kong Council of Social Service (HKCSS)
- Opening the new branch shop at TG Place in Kwun Tong
- Awarded "Hong Kong's Most Valuable Companies Most Valuable Services Awards" by Mediazone Group
- Dr. Joyce Tsang, Chairlady & CEO of the Group, awarded the Medal of Honour by the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
- Awarded "The Creditable Business Awards of Asian Beauty Industry" by HK Hair & Beauty Merchants Association
- Opening the new branch shop at Soundwill Plaza, Causeway Bay
- Opening the new branch shop in Yuen Long
- Opening the newest beauty centre in Beijing Hujialou
- Modern Beauty Salon, be beauty Shop and p.e.n Shop was awarded "The Most Outstanding and Professional Beauty Centre Award" by Sisters BeautyPro respectively.
- Opening the newest "YUE SPA"at Sugar Street, Causeway Bay
- Awarded "Caring Company" by Hong Kong Council of Social Service for the fourth consecutive year since 2011.
- Awarded the permanent Honourable Gold Award of the "PRC Consumer's Most Favorable Hong Kong Brands Campaign" by CERCAO
- Awarded "Excellent Beauty and Spa Service Award" by Darizi Magazine
- Opening the new Flagship Store at King's View Court, Quarry Bay
- Dr. Joyce Tsang, Chairlady & CEO of the Group awarded "Executive Award" in DHL/SCMP Hong Kong Business Awards 2014
- Opening the newest branch shop at Nan Fung Plaza, Tseung Kwan O in July
- Opening the new branch shop at Metroplaza, Kwai Fong
- Opening the new branch shop at The World Trade Centre, Causeway Bay
- Awarded "Outstanding Entrepreneur" by Capital CEO & Capital Entrepreneur Magazine
- Opening the new branch shop at BCC Building, Tsim Sha Tsui
- Opening of the Group's first beauty and spa centre in Taiwan in February.
- Awarded “Outstanding Business Woman of the Year” by Capital Entrepreneur magazine
- Received “Outstanding Slimming and Beauty Brand Award”by Captial CEO Magazine and Capital Entrepreneur Magazine
- The new outlet of Modern Beauty Salon opened in Hong Kong Mingdu Plaza in Shanghai
- Received“The Most Professional Spa Centre Award ”from Darizi Magazine
- Awarded the “CAPITAL CEO Supreme Service Awards”by Captial CEO Magazine
- Opening of new outlet in Hang Ying Building in North Point
- Opening of the relocated Beauty Expert International Academy in Hang Ying Building in North Point
- Opening of Tai Po branch and the second branch in Mei Fu of be beauty shop
- Awarded “CEO of the Year” by Capital CEO magazine
- Opening of the new outlet of Modern Beauty Salon in Tengfai Building in Shanghai
- Opening of the new outlet of Modern Beauty Salon in Concorde Hotel and Concorde Shopping Mall in Singapore
- Opening of the new outlets of Modern Beauty Salon in V Heun Building and One Pacific Centre
- Awarded the “CEO of the Year”by Capital Entrepreneur magazine
- Dr Joyce Tsang, the President and Chief Executive Officer, was appointed as a member of the Hunan Political Consultation Conference
- Acquired beauty service centers in Singaproe.
- Awarded "The Excellent Award in HK Beauty Industry" by CICA.
- Awarded the "Distincted Listed Company Leader"
- Ms. Joyce Tsang awarded the "International American University Doctorate of Business Administration (Honoris Causa)"
- Awarded the "Distinguished Chinese Medal" by GCA
- Awarded the "The President’s Volunteer Service Award", "Congratulatory Letter of The White House Washington", "US President Volunteer Service Award Medal"
- Awarded "The Outstanding Brand Awards" by Economic Digest
- Awarded "Distinguished CEO of the Year" by Capital CEO Magazine
- Awarded "The Credible Enterprise of China" Accreditation 2012-2014
- Opening the newest beauty and spa Centre in Beijing Xizhimen, Singapore Bedok and Kovan.
- Opening the newest be Beauty Shop in Fanling; and five P.E.N Shops in North Point, Causeway Bay, Ma On Shan, Tsuen Wan & Amoy Gardens
- Awarded “CAPITAL CEO Supreme Service Awards 2012” and “CAPITAL CEO Supreme Brand Awards 2012” by CAPITAL CEO Magazine
- Modern Beauty Flagship Store Grand Opening in World-Wide House, Central and new branch shop in Mongkok
- Repositioned the number of service centres in Hong Kong and China.
- Acquired beauty service centres in Singapore and Malaysia
- Ms Joyce Tsang awarded as the 4th Excellence in "Achievement of World Chinese Youth Entrepreneurs. "
- Awarded the "HongKong Top Brand Awards"
- Ms Joyce Tsang awarded the "Woman Entrepreneur of the Year 2011"
- Awarded the "JESSICACODE Beauty Awards 2011"and "Hottest Award2011"
- Two beauticians won Merit Awards in Retails & Services Vitality Star 2011by FACE – Job Finder, one of them won "Readers’ Most Popularity Award"
- Obtained the "CAPITAL Best of the Best 2010" award and "Outstanding Caring Brand Award"
- Awarded the Gold Awards of the "Consumer's Most Favorable Hong Kong Brands 2009"
- Won the "Most Favourable Enterprise with Good Credibility" prize.
- "Modern Beauty Salon" and "be Sanctuary Spa" were once again being granted the Gold Awards of the "PRC Consumer's Most Favourable Hong Kong Brand" in the beauty and slimming services and the healthcare categories.
- Launch of Global Slim to provide a comprehensive range of weight management services.
- Launch of tradename Well Nutrition to promote nutritional slimming.
- Launch of Dance Square to promote dance activities.
- Opening of the Kiku Tsuki Japanese Restaurant in May.
- Again awarded the "Asia's 200 Best Under a Billion" company by Forbes Magazine.
- Again awarded the "PRC Consumer's Most Favourable Hong Kong Brand".
- Obtained the "Brands original from Hong Kong 2008" award.
- "be" Marine Moisturizing Renewal Night Cream was awarded the "Professional Moisturizing Product Award" in the 2008 Sisters BeautyPro Awards.
- Launch of Yue Spa deluxe service centre.
- Opening of the first retail outlet under the brandname "be beauty shop", for marketing and selling the Group's "be" products.
- Opening of the Group's first beauty and spa centre in Guangzhou in January.
- Opening of the Group's first beauty and spa centre in Shanghai in June.
- Opening of the Group's first beauty and spa centre in Beijing in July.
- Our brands "Modern Beauty Salon" and "be sanctuary spa" were awarded the "PRC Consumer's Most Favourable Hong Kong Brand" – Gold Awards in the beauty and slimming services as well as healthcare categories.
- The first beauty brand in Asia that named as "Asia's 200 Best Under a Billion" company by Forbes Magazine.
- Listed on the Main Board of the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong on 9 February 2006.
- Established a special Interactive Voice Response System ("IVRS") to further enhance customer services and launched a brand new online booking system.
- Launch of tradename HEYMAN to promote men salon service.
- Launch of sooYoga for the promotion of Yoga activities.
- Introduced foot massage services under the tradename "Moment of Serenity".
- Highly commended for the "Best Investor Relations for an IPO in the Hong Kong Market" in 2006 organized by the prestigious IR Magazine.
- Obtained the "CAPITAL Best of the Best 2006" award.
- The Hopewell service centre obtained ISO9001:2000 Quality Qualification from the British Standards Institution for provision of facial, slimming, spas and body massage services.
- Awarded Best of the Best for Executives 2005 by Capital Magazine.
- Spa service upgrade to integrate massage services into existing services under tradename be sanctuary spa.
- Opening of first service centre under tradename be sanctuary spa at Hopewell Centre, Wanchai.
- Opening of first service centre in New Territories. Located at Emperor Plaza, Tsuen Wan, it takes up a gross floor area of over 16,000 square feet.
- Expansion of Beauty Expert International College upon obtaining approval from international beauty institutions for offering professional trainings and courses with accredited qualifications.
- Named Superbrand in Hong Kong by Hong Kong Superbrands Council.
- Received Caring Company award from Hong Kong Council of Social Service.
- Provision of spa services under tradename Lemongrass Spa.
- Launch of tradenames Slim Express and Modern Fitness to actively promote the Group's slimming and fitness service lines.
- Introduction of intense pulse light services performed by registered medical practitioners in Hong Kong.
- Rollout of beauty and skincare products under own brandname be.
- Launch of beauty and facial service line for men under tradename be homme.
- Setting up of Beauty Expert International College to provide professional training for frontline beauty staff.
- In 2001, Opening of flagship service centre at Asia Standard Tower, Central, which takes up a gross floor area of up to 37,000 square feet. It has been the largest service centre operated by Modern Beauty so far.
- Opening of service centre at shopping plaza of Miramar Hotel, being the Group's prime service centre focusing on fitness services in 2000.
- Introduced fitness courses such as aerobics.
- Appointed Ms. Choi Siu Fan Ada as the Group's first spokesperson in 1999 to promote beauty and healthcare services.
- Opening of service centre at On Hing Terrace, Central, with a gross floor area spanning up to 15,000 square feet in 1995.
- Opening of second service centre in Tsimshatsui.
- Started to provide fitness and slimming services.
- Opening of first service centre under tradename "Modern Beauty Salon" in Causeway Bay, occupying a gross floor area of approximately 2,000 square feet in 1991.
- Joyce Tsang, founder of the Group, started beauty and facial services at a store of 100-odd square feet in Hong Kong.